Tuesday, March 10, 2015

This go's out to you my lovely Fangirls.

Okay, so this blog post is not going to be judgmental on fangirls. This is going to be judgmental on people who are judgmental on fangirls. Mostly, I hate the word people use when when it comes to fangirls: OBSESSED. I think that fangirls get labeled as obsessed because our Tumbler, Instagram or Facebook pages are all about a band or book series.  I think it's more along the lines of devotion. Why is it normal and okay for guys to show their devotion to their athletic team and I get called girly or made fun of because I like 5SOS.  I find it energizing to have a connection with a character in a book and I don't want the relationship to end, I want it to keep going.

I think it takes devotion to a fandom to become a fangirl. And with that, I am leaving you with this:

Judgmental freaks; Take a long walk of a short pier.


No comments:

Post a Comment